Rules & Regulations
Section 1– Membership
- The Summer Season begins on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and ends on the Monday of Labor Day weekend. The Winter Season begins the Tuesday after Labor Day and ends the Friday before Memorial Day. All Membership Fees are paid in full prior to use of the facilities are non-refundable.
- Memberships are available for Family and Individual use.
- Members must be 18 years or older for individual memberships. Senior rates are available for those 62 and older.
- Families are defined as up to two adults and their dependent children under 25 years of age all of whom live at the same residential address. Proof of Residency may be required.
- Beginning Summer 2018, each family membership which has children under 12 years of age is allowed to add a babysitter (aged 16 years or older) for a fee. The fee will be announced Jan 1, 2018. This babysitter is allowed to use the facility in the capacity of a babysitter only accompanied by the children under 12 years of age. This babysitter does not have guest privileges.
- We will no longer be offering a 10-class Fitness Card. All Class participants must be members.
Section 2– Guest Policies
- A guest is any non-member on the premises for any reason. Facility usage or lack thereof is not a factor in determining the payment of a guest fee. The Guest Fee beginning Sept 5, 2017 is $15 for ages 16-up and $5 for children ages 3 – 15.
- Children under the age of twelve are allowed child guests when accompanied by the adult(s) on their membership or their permanent babysitter.
- Guest fees (2 years old and under are free) and are payable at the front desk before entering the facility. Members must meet guests at the desk when they arrive.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member at all times.
- Houseguests may obtain a weekly pass for three times the daily fee per person per week. As all guests, they must be accompanied by the member every time they use the facility.
- The guest limit is 6 guests per family on any given day.
Section 3– General Facility Regulations
- There is no alcohol nor any glass containers allowed on the premises. Management and staff will inspect coolers and parcels to enforce this regulation.
- Meadowbrook is a smoke free facility.
- Playing of radios and stereos at a loud level is not allowed.
- Chairs may be left overnight in the designated areas. Chairs must be returned to these areas at the end of each visit. Meadowbrook accepts no liability for any item, including chairs, left at the facility. Toys and flotation devices may not be left at the facility.
- The tennis courts are available for use by members and their guests. Tennis shoes with smooth rubber soles must be worn. Adults and children must wear shoes and shirts when using the courts. Parents are responsible for keeping their children and guests from digging or otherwise damaging the courts’ surface. Courts are open until 8 pm every evening.
- The exercise equipment is available to all members and their guests. Children under the age of fifteen are not allowed to use the fitness center. Shirts, shorts and shoes, not sandals, are required. Management and staff will enforce these rules.
- Babysitting service is available to membership during the winter season only Children may stay in the babysitting room for a maximum of 90 minutes. Adults must remain on the premises while their child is in babysitting. Please do not bring a sick child to babysitting. Babysitting is Monday – Saturday 9am-11am.
- In the locker rooms, parents are asked to be sensitive to the privacy of others especially with an opposite sex child in the locker room. Management encourages parents with opposite sex children to use the front area of the locker room and parents should refrain from showering with opposite sex children in the presence of others. Children over the age of five should not be in an opposite sex locker room. The Adult Women’s locker room is for adult women of 21 years of age or older.
- Parties should be scheduled in advance. In the summer, parents need to notify the management two weeks in advance of a party.
- Food is not allowed at or near the pool edge, in the locker rooms, or in the indoor pool area. Children under the age of five must be accompanied by an adult in the locker rooms.
- The indoor pool is for lap swimming and programs only in the summer. In the winter, recreational times are posted. Children aged 12-15 years must be accompanied by an adult when lap swimming and children under 12 are prohibited from using the indoor pool (Summer and Winter) except during designated recreational times (Winter only).
- The Teaching and Therapy pool is for swim lessons, adult therapy and parent/child therapy use only in the summer. During the winter, limited recreational hours are available and posted.
- The Hot Tub/Spa is for adult use only; therefore:
- no one under 16 years of age is allowed in or around the hot tub
- there is a 15 minute maximum usage
- the maximum capacity is 8 persons
- users must be aware of medical precautions before using the spa
Section 4 – Pool Rules
- Parents are responsible for the safety and conduct of their children. Children under 12 may not be left at the pool unattended. Non swimming children must be kept at arms’ length of a parent, guardian, or babysitter. Life vests are available for use by non-swimmers at the front desk.
- Prolonged underwater breath holding is prohibited.
- Diving is prohibited in water less than 5 feet deep. Diving from starting platforms is not allowed unless under the supervision of an accredited coach.
- Children under 9 years of age must pass the deep water test to swim in the deep end or to use the diving board. The deep water test consist of swimming unaided for 25 meters, treading water for one minute.
- There is no playing on, under, or near either fiberglass bulkhead in either main pool.
- The diving board is to be used only by adults and children who have passed the deep water test (see 3 above). Only one person is allowed on the board at one time. No rafts, toys, or flotation devices are allowed. Do not dive until the previous diver has reached the ladder. Parents are not allowed to catch their children off the end of the board.
- Meadowbrook requires the use of swim diapers and/or plastic pants on children who are not toilet trained.
- Management reserves the right to abridge or expand upon these regulations when it is deemed necessary
Meadowbrook does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clientele and volunteers.
Meadowbrook reserves the right to terminate the membership of any member that does not adhere to our Rules and Regulations.
Revised August 1, 2017
Phone: (410) 433-8300
Fax: (410) 433-0953 email@example.com
5700 Cottonworth Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21209
General Hours :
Mon – Fri: 5:30 am – 8:00 pm
Sat: 6:00 am – 7:00 pm (8:00 pm Summer)
Sun: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm (8:00 pm Summer)
Outdoor Recreation: 10 am – 8 pm all Summer